Monday, 13 May 2013

Benefit Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup | Review

Hello, first up a little apology for being a bit inactive on here recently. It's the dreaded exam season so it's revision all day and night for me because i'm an idiot and left it ALL till last minute - doh! Anyway, on with the review..

 So the other week I thought I would try out a more expensive foundation which so happens to be this one. If you are on a budget then I wouldn't go buying this straight away as it is more pricey at £25.50 but I think the quality of the foundation is worth the buy. As soon as I got this back to my house my housemates were like "I love Benefit products they're so good" and as this is my first product by them, it made me excited to try it out. Now I have quite a pale complexion so I went for the Ivory colour which is best suited for light to medium coverage. The foundation claims to have an 'oxygen wow hydrating complex which boosts cellular respiration, protect against environmental stresses and prevent signs of ageing' (yes I know i'm not that old to need that part just yet). It's also oil free with an SPF of 25 which for me is good as my skin can get quite oily.



Benefit Oxygen Wow foundation £25.50


When applying a little goes a looong way and I don't even end up using one full pump, so for me half a pump is good. Once applied it has such light coverage that it leaves your skin still looking like skin, unlike some foundations which have a more thick coverage and can be more obvious against your skin. It's more of a natural coverage this one, so if you are looking for something that's more heavy on your skin I wouldn't go for this. For me it's also rather good at covering up small blemishes and any redness on my face so unless I have a whopping great big spot (yuck), I don't really bother with any concealer when using this. I also find that it has fantastic stay power lasting all day without any touch ups.




I did put  a little too much on my hand for this swatch so this amount is enough for my whole face



 My only downfall with it is that although a light foundation, if you have any signs of dry skin  then it does cling a bit, so make sure you've fully exfoliated and moisturized before hand. I'm also not really seeing any of the 'oxygen wow' effects but that's maybe because i've not been wearing this everyday and you need to so before seeing the effects - I don't know, this is just my guess. So although a couple of minor downfalls, one of which just depends on your skin and not the product anyway, I will definitely be buying this again and trying out more of their products.

Have you tried any of their products?




15 comments:

  1. i had this and absolutely hated it, it felt slippy and it gave me really bad coverage! but at the same time, i'm glad someone else is getting on well with it! benefit have so many great products, so definitely try out more! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no that's a shame! It's not a foundation I wear everyday but the few times I have worn it so far it's been great. I'm looking forward to trying out more of their products, just need to save my money!

      x

      Delete
  2. Great review! I love Benefit Products, recently I'm using the Fake Up Concealer & They're Real constantly!!!

    Stevie Hearts Makeup

    Stevie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was the photo (on the right) took in natural light? If so, I think this product might look a bit 'yellow' on my honey skin tone! I can imagine it being like that.. unless I'm wrong!

    Lovely post darling,

    Boonya
    xxx

    http://theartywardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they were, you can get different shades though for different skin tones Obviously you wouldn't go for this colour but i'm sure if you to try it out and you go to their counter they'll have something for you!

      Thank you
      xxx

      Delete
  4. We don't like foundations tha cling to dry skin especially in winter but this still sounds good! We've heard so much about this foundation

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one likes a clingy foundation! But as I said, that's more to do with your skin rather than the product. I heard so much about their products so just has to try one out!

      x

      Delete
  5. awesome! need to try it!! <3 thanks for the review ^^

    http://milkyrabbit.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey darling)
    You have an amazing blog)i like it)

    I invite you to take part in my giveaway)
    http://amenfashion-christy.blogspot.cz/2013/05/giveaway-with-oasap.html

    xoxo Christy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip about exfoliating before as i have very dry skin.

    Following you honey hope you nip past mine sometime

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Thank you, i'll be sure to check your blog out too!

      x

      Delete
  8. Nice post!

    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Benefit! My favourite at the moment is Fake Up :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to start using that. I got a sample of that with the foundation and loved it!

      x

      Delete