Tuesday, 7 May 2013

DIY Brush Pot

Hello everyone!
I reeeeeally needed somewhere to put my makeup brushes other than just leaving them lying around in my makeup bag. But I had a dilemma as I don't have an awful lot of money at the minute (I just spent my last few pennies on a new foundation - post coming up in the next few days). So I had to get creative with what I had in my room. I like to have candles in my room and I realised that one of the old pots they come in would be perfect for the amount of brushes I have. So I cleaned it out and all they fit (yaaaaay). The pot I used was from one of Airwicks (I think) colour changing candles. It's saved me from going out and buying a pot/holder specifically for brushes, and who doesn't love to save a bit of money?
An option for those of you with a larger brush set is using an old big mug. As you can see my old starbucks one is a pretty good option too, but for me it's a little big for my smaller brush collection so I'll stick to my candle pot for now. 

I hope you like them. What creative ways have you used to store your makeup stash?









14 comments:

  1. I love using candle holders for makeup brushes, jewellery... anything really haha!
    Love the starbucks mug. xx

    Rachael - beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love DIY things and this is so cute :) x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these ideas! I'm going to keep hold of candle holders once they've burned, clean them out & use them from Cotton Buds/Pads!

    Stevie Hearts Makeup

    Stevie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea too, better than keeping them in the packaging they come in and will look so much better!

      xx

      Delete
  4. Ooo great ideas, love the paint dripping from the Starbucks mug!:p I've recently bought some acrylic clear makeup storages from amazon, really good option! followed you hun!:) would love it if you could check out my blog?
    www.trustinvogue.com
    Thanks!

    - Hannah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you like the ideas! Will check out your blog too
      xx

      Delete
  5. Great simple Diy!

    http://allinasoiree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to display makeup brushes! I'm going to do this myself now, creative ideas!

    I'm a new follower and am a fan, cute blog! Would love for you to check mine out :)

    - Kathleen
    http://www.fashionablelaughter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your follow and glad you like the ideas. Always good to save money. Will check out your blog too!

      xx

      Delete
  7. Such a good idea, at the moment my brushes are in a simple pot so I will try this out !
    http://harrie-parrie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea!

    www.kosmetyczna-hedonistka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute babe! Your blog is coming along nicely! <3 I'm about to post my first post (finally)! Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete