Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Dry, damaged hair?

Helloooo


I've been bleaching my hair since about 14 and i'm now 20 so that's a lot of years of hair abuse, which of course means my hair can get a bit dry and sometimes feel like a cheap wig thats been left in the Sahara desert for 3 weeks. Not great. I've used a few hair moisture treatments in the past but this is my new and favourite one. It's the Umberto Giannini 'Indulgent beauty moisture mask' (HERE)

Umberto Giannini moisture mask





The first time I used this mask, the next day I actually thought my hair felt a little drier so I did think that it was going to be a rubbish product, but then it could've been the fact that I was in a rush so didn't leave it on very long and then went on to blow dry my hair without any protectant. So I gave it a few more goes and well, I love it. I've been using it once a week like it says to and leaving it in for a while so my hair has the chance to soak up the goodness of it. It may seem like some effort but after washing my hair I apply this to the ends of my hair then get out the shower for 5 minutes or so then pop back in to wash it out. Just saves me standing in the shower getting bored really.

I can honestly say that after using this the next day (I wash my hair in the evening) my hair feels super soft and no longer like a cheap wig. It makes my hair feel like i've had it washed in the salon and smells like a salon product too.The smell sort of reminds me of the John Frieda 'Sheer Blonde' shampoos, you  know, the stuff you treat your hair to every once in awhile because the product is a little more pricey but has greater quality. You get the idea, basically it quality stuff. I'm not a massive fan of the texture as it's quite gloopy and dare I say it, slimy and wet (what else would you expect though) so I do cringe a little when dunking my fingers in to scoop some out but it doesn't stop me from using it. I shall continue to use this and will no doubt be a repurchase item.

If you have dry, damaged hair because like me you've been bleaching the hell out of if for years then I would recommend giving this a bash. If any of you have tried other nourishing hair products then let me know!



2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Aussi's 3 minute miracle deep condition treatment! I've been dying my hair since I was 16 ( now 20) and have been dying it blonde for the past year and ever since I have used Aussi it's been a live saver! Will check this product out for sure though :)

    naomimatthews.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used that in the past, love that too and it smells amazing!

      x

      Delete