Sunday, 21 July 2013

Want to stay flawless? BENEFIT 15-HOUR PRIMER


Helloooo


I'm not a big user of primers, i've used a cheaper one in the past which I think was a Rimmel one and well, I couldn't really get into the habit of using it as I didn't think it did that much in terms of what it's supposed to do. So when I saw this one from Benefit HERE, I just had to try it out to see if I could get into the routine of using a primer and hopefully have coverage for longer. Unlike most other primers which are often in liquid form, Benefit have created one in the form of a stick which you just rub onto your face. It looks like a foundation colour but actually rubs off clear to give an invisible non greasy finish. You then just apply your makeup on top as normal and off you go with a flawless face for the day. And because it's not a liquid it will last alot longer than a tube of liquid primer. So what's so different about this primer? Well Benefit say it has magnetic technology within it which helps to stick the makeup to your face, therefore making the coverage last longer. It also boasts some impressive figures with 94% saying it helps foundation last longer and 97% seeing an improvement in their complexion. Basically it comes across as very impressive and a great new way of making makeup last longer. But does it really give such long coverage and help you stay looking flawless?





So i've been using this product for a few weeks now and have been doing some tests of my own to see if it helps my makeup last longer which each of my 3 current foundations (I just can't decide which one to use!). I tried this primer with Benefits 'Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow' (see my review on the foundation HERE), Rimmel's 'Match Perfection' and Maybellines 'Fit Me'. Each day I used the primer on just one side of my face so at the end of the day I could note down the differences. Oooh I feel like a scientist writing up a lab report! I noticed that after applying the primer and when using my brush to apply foundation, it almost felt heavier to move the brush around my face so took a little longer to blend, but I like this as for me I think it shows the primer is covering your face and not making your face greasy. My skin also felt a little softer on the side with primer, not sure if this is an aim by the primer but I could definitely feel a difference, and my makeup also looked that little bit brighter. Now, did it make my makeup last?
After combining the primer with the benefit foundation at the end of the day, and the end of a hot evening shift at work, my face looked less shiny and my makeup less patchy on the primer side.  My blush was still in place, my spots still covered and my foundation still covering. My work involves a lot of walking around and going in and out of a hot sweaty kitchen so I was rather impressed with the results as this really puts it to the test in making my makeup last, and it performed well. So when i'm not getting hot and bothered at work the primer works just as well. I also found pretty much the same results with my other 2 foundations. My face looked less shiny and my makeup still in place on the side with primer. RESULT! I'll admit though my makeup wasn't as perfect as when I first applied it in the morning but i'm still loving this little beauty. I can honestly say after conducting my own observations that it does help to keep you looking that little bit more flawless throughout the day. As for keeping you flawless for up 15-hours, well I don't know about that as I never wore my makeup for that long but I reckon it probably could.


Have any of you tried this, if so what did you think?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this primer but it sounds fab! I use POREfessional by Benefit and I really love it! xx


    Trial and Error Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog and I already love it! :)
    I really want to try out this primer! :) x

    http://rachelsblog295.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review! this sounds great, i'll have to check it out in store!

    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanna try this out! Think you've persuaded me!

    Jess xo

    jessicacottonxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    http://carroblogshere.blogspot.com/2013/07/ive-been-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    X

    ReplyDelete