Friday, 12 July 2013

Whiter teeth? BLANX White Shock

Helloooo

My teeth aren't horribly yellow, nor are the pearly white, they're somewhere in between. Although I don't have horribly stained teeth I just want them to be that little bit brighter and whiter so I chose to go for the toothpaste teeth whitening option rather than the very expensive kits you can buy. I know for a fact the more expensive kits work because my dads been using them and his teeth look amazing, but I really can't justify spending £300 on my teeth! So qu the BLANX 'White Shock formula' at £7.49 for a 50ml tube HERE




What makes this toothpaste different is that it claims its formula helps to whiten your teeth naturally throughout the day by the light when you smile and through the use of the LED light attached to the tube. I'll be honest and say that the idea of the LED light is kinda what drew me into buying this as I thought it was such a cool and unusual concept. Basically when you twist the lid to get the toothpaste out it activates the LED light which then shines onto your toothbrush and therefore the toothpaste when you squeeze it out. This they say, is what activates the whitening formula. After brushing your teeth you then shine the light onto your teeth for a couple of minutes to help kick start the whitening process even more. Then, throughout the day as you smile it works its magic even more. This toothpaste doesn't have a strong minty flavour to it so doesn't feel too overpowering in your mouth but still leaves your mouth feeling clean and fresh. You can even buy refill tubes which are of a bigger size once you run out of the small original tube.

I've been using this toothpaste for exactly 2 weeks now and well, i'm not really impressed with the results because there's such a lack of any whitening at all. And as for the price of it, well I think it's a little pricey for such a small tube as i've now ran out of it after only 2 weeks. Had I seen better results then I guess I wouldn't mind the price as it would be worth it. Now before any of you say that 2 weeks isn't long enough to see results, the toothpaste claims to give results within just 24 hours which I didn't see at all and 2 weeks later i'm still not. Now i'm not sure whether this is because I wasn't using enough paste every time I cleaned, or because I don't smile enough (I hope this isn't the reason!), or because I didn't shine the LED for long enough after each clean. I'm just not sure.

I'm in two minds about this product really, I haven't seen any results yet so do I spend £5 on a refill tube and carry on or do I just stop? I personally think it's a lot of money for a toothpaste as i'm used to buying mine from the Poundshop (thrifty student there). I went home for the weekend last week and asked my family if they noticed any difference at all, to which they all said no, so it's not as if i'm not noticing results because I look at my teeth everyday. It's like when someone loses weight, they don't notice themselves because they see their body everyday but put them in a room full of people that they haven't seen in a while then they'll all notice. It was like that but with my teeth, no one noticed so is it working? I hyped myself up so much about this product and couldn't wait for it to arrive in the post and now I just feel a bit disappointed to be honest. On a more positive note I like the clean feeling you get after brushing your teeth and whether it works or not, the LED is kinda cool.

If anyone reading this has ever tried this then let me know how you got on. Is it just me or has it not worked for anyone else and is just a fancy gimmick? Also, let me know of any teeth whitening methods you use as I would love to try some out to get that nice pearly smile


 ♥


7 comments:

  1. while reading I was hoping you found the solution as I have the same problem but thanks for your honest review much appreciatedhttp://anniesinnerhappinessforstudents.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish i could have done a positive one but if the product doesn't work then i can't :(

      X

      Delete
  2. I have friends who swear by Blanx (I can't swear as to whether it's this LED version though), but I've used it and I can't say I've noticed a bigger difference than say Colgate or Arm & Hammer offer? I know the Arm & Hammer one works quite well, and I don't think it's anywhere near £7!

    Maxine, xx
    beautybeatsbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know of someone who said they'd used Blanx before but not this version and said they thought it worked. Thanks, shall have to give the Arm & Hammer one a go!

      xx

      Delete
  3. ahh this is a real shame! i need to whiten my teeth, but im the same, i cant justify spending too much! this would have been a good compromise, but its a shame its not to be! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tired this and it didnt do much for me either! :( gutted as i thought it was so cool! haha
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a shame this product doesn't work well - the concept is so cool! I guess I'll have to search for a cheaper alternative with better results! Great post! Cute blog by the way - now following!
    Rachael x
    Rachaeleeno | Beauty, Fashion & Thoughts

    ReplyDelete