Monday, 5 August 2013

Barry M Summer Nails


Helloooo

The sun is out (most days), the temperatures warmed up and it's all out with the legs and hello summer. When it's sunny and warm I like to jazz up my hands a little by adding some colour to my nails that suits the sunny summery mood. Barry M have the most perfect colours out at the minute, all of which are nice bright colours and compliment any skin tone, pale or tanned. I also like how affordable Barry M is, most of the ones included in this post were £3.99 (gelly & textured) and only £2.99 for the 'Matt White'. Bargain!


i'm not the neatest at painting my nails!

The 'Blueberry' colour is my absolute favourite one at the minute, it's just such a lovely colour that goes with pretty much anything you wear and I find that with all the gelly ones I only really need to apply one coat. The gelly colours are bright colours but not neon kind of bright, sort of subtle brights if that makes any sense? So they're a touch of colour without being too in your face. The 'Matt White' I find I have to apply two coats to get even coverage over the nail and the best brightness out of it but I still love it, and white nails are becoming a bigger trend. Most people (I mean the older folks here) do tend to ask if i'm wearing Tipp-Ex on my nails when I have this one on and I just have to laugh. I guess it does look rather similar as for a white varnish it does have some 'colour' to it and it's not as glossy as normal varnishes so I let them off. All the names seem rather fitting with the colours except for the 'Station Road', I don't know where they got that one from. The textured varnish is a lemony colour with a hint of glitter and almost has the texture of soft concrete, as if you're running your nail  along a concrete path/wall. I'm not the best at describing the feel but I quite like it, makes a change from the smooth nails we're all used to. My only downside to this varnish is that it's a bugger to get off your nails! I'm talking pressing really hard and rubbing for ages kind of struggle, but if you love the colour then I guess the hassle is worth it.



 What colours are you all loving this summer?



Don't forget to enter my 100 followers giveaway HERE

17 comments:

  1. I'm a little obsessed with Barry M, they always seem to be on trend with their colour range, lovely post!

    xx
    www.bethanymaeetc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, i think Barry M has the biggest section on my nail collection

      xx

      Delete
  2. I love these colours - so pretty! I especially like greenberry & station road!
    Rachael x
    Rachaeleeno | Beauty, Fashion & Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greenberry is one of my favourites, behind blueberry of course!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, those are so gorgeous! My favourites are Key Lime and Greenberry (plus, those names are so cute!). Definitely going to scour ebay and see if I can pick some up.


    my beauty blog


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll be able too and you'll love them if you get them!

      xx

      Delete
  4. I love Barry m polishes especially the gelly's!they are such lovely colours!love your photos!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gelly colours are my favourite colours as well, so bright and pretty

      xx

      Delete
  5. I really love the greens they are so pretty! I haven't tried the gelly polishes but would definitely like too!:)x

    http://curlsandcometsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These colors are so amazing! You've got great taste:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooo I might have to add Mango to my collection ;) It looks lovely on your skin tone!
    Jess xo

    jessicacottonxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think i need to try these

    I followed with bloglovin if you have time come stop by mine :)
    http://pro-cosmetics.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete