Friday, 9 August 2013

New Bourjois shine edition

Hellooo


Oooh i'm excited to tell you about these beauties I picked up from Boots yesterday. They're the new Bourjois Shine lipstick collection at £7.99 each and oh my, the colours are amazing! I wasn't even in Boots to look at makeup, I just happened to  find myself down the oh so familiar makeup aisle and spotted them. I was like a hawk swooping down on it's prey. So what about the product? Well, it's a glossy lipstick with "radiant colour and the comfort of a balm" according to Bourjois themselves and they actually are. They're a lovely glossy shine colour which do actually leave your lips feeling moisturised and soft (like a balm) and are so easy to apply as they just glide over your lips. The reason why they're a balmy lipstick is because Bourjois have added a touch of mango butter extract into them which is supposed to leave your lips moisturised for up to 10 hours. I can't comment on 10 hours worth of softness because I didn't wear it for that long but my lips did stay soft for the whole duration I was wearing them. There are 3 colours available and I picked up two; 20 '1 2 3 soleil' and 22 'famous fuchsia'



I so wanted to show you all what they actually look like on my lips but, and I know this is going to sound weird, I hate my lips close up. I just think they're wonky and don't look right so i'll save myself the embarrassment and just show you on my hand. As you can see the colours are pretty bright and i'll be honest and say that I achieved this intensity of colours after a few swipes, it doesn't come this pigmented in just one. It takes a few glides over your lips to achieve this level of colour as well but it's so worth it! I mean aren't they just beautiful? Now after all the hype i've created i'm going to but a little dampner on them (sorry). After putting it on my lips and doing the whole pressing the lips together to settle it on better, I found that some of the product just squeezed to the outer side of my lips and so I was left with a rim of glossy shine which I then had to smooth back over my lips with my finger, which equalled sticky fingers (i'm too immature, this made me giggle). I also found that the colour and glossiness fades quite quickly as it transfers so easily. Within a couple of hours I was reapplying to get the glossy shine back and to add more colour. But despite these two niggly negatives I still love these and think they are just totally gorgeous. I also think these two shades are a beautiful colour to wear this summer too so I shall keep them on me ready for when I want to spruce up my lips a little


Oh, and Boots have a 3 for 2 offer on Bourjois so I also picked up this nail varnish in 'Bleux fabuleux'. It's very similar to the Barry M 'Blueberry' i've been going on about recently, but it has a more intense, deep colour to it and I can't wait to wear it.





Don't forget to enter my 100 followers giveaway HERE


10 comments:

  1. ahhh so much pigmentation- you are my kind of girl ;) i LOVE those lip colors, they're so juicy and bright. they'd totally top off an outfit. and that nail color is gorgeous! i want all three, haha

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go get yourself them whilst it's still 3 for 2 in Boots!

      xx

      Delete
  2. These lipsticks look great! I especially like the look of Famous Fushcia- gorgeous. Like your blog too! Btw, just thought I'd let you know I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Details can be found at http://beauteebeauty.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-blog-award-x6.html

    Looking forward to reading your post! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love both of them. Aww thanks for the nomination, i'll check your post out!

      xx

      Delete
  3. i have nominated you for a Liebster Award! all details are on my blog.
    goodluck.

    http://www.laniecakesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so much like me but I'm like that with clothes. I'll tell myself I won't look anddddddd then I look -.-

    The colours and lovely ♥ I love the fuchsia most :)

    By the way I'm running a giveaway on my blog, if you're you're interested you can check it out here: http://stopmotionwords.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/international-giveaway-to-celebrate-200.html ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I do it ALL the time, i'm so bad!

      Ooh exciting, i'll have a look!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Love the blue nail varnish!
    Definitely going to check out those lipsticks too they look so good!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the colour of the varnish is just amazing! if you get them let me know how you get on with them too

      xx

      Delete