Friday, 30 August 2013

OOTD & FOTD FESTIVAL EDITION


Hellooo

Last weekend I joined thousands of other young revellers to camp out in a field, listen to music on big stages, hold my nose at the smelly ports-loos and eat nothing but crap all weekend. Of course this all happened at a festival but not the popular ones like Leeds or Reading, but Creamfields which is held near Manchester. Some of you may never have heard of this festival as it's not massively well known and doesn't have your chart/ popular music but that doesn't mean it's not any good, well depending on your music taste. I had an amazing time and actually saw it all through as last year the sunday got called off due to the torrential downpour we'd had on the saturday night which meant  A LOT of mud and sinking tents = wet, miserable campers.

There's no point taking mega decent clothes with you to festivals as they'll most likely get muddy in some way ending with stains and maybe a few rips/holes. And I definitely don't take my decent makeup because i'll no doubt lose it or damage it. I'm one of those girls who starts off attempting to look half decent and by the
 end just looks like a tired, spotty mess and really can't be bothered to make an effort. This is when I get a little envious of the girls who somehow manage to look perfect all weekend!




DAY 1
Disney top Primark
Dungarees Amazon online
Wellies TK Maxx
Necklace Topshop
Watch River island
Ring Pandora
Nail Varnish Barry M 'Matt White'
and we mustn't forget a festival fave, the plastic anoraks/ponchos  

Rimmel 'Wake me up' concealer in 'Ivory'
Sleek 'Crochet' blush
Natural Collection 'Golden Glow' bronzer
Rimmel 'Clear Complexion' powder in 'Transparent'
Collection 2000 'Fix Me Up Makeup Fixer'
Loreal 'Super Liner Blackbuster' eye liner
Rimmel '100% waterproof mascara'
Collection 2000 Kohl eyeliner in 'Black'
Lipstick Kate Moss '107'


DAY 2
Top River Island
Dungarees Amazon Online
Necklace New Look
Wellies TK Maxx
Sunglasses Primark
Watch River island
My makeup was pretty much the same this day except I wore Sleeks 'Guipure' blush and didn't have any bottom eye liner on (Collection 2000 Kohl)


DAY 3
Shirt Cow Vintage
Shorts New Look (I am wearing them I promise!)
Wellies TK Maxx
Sunglasses Primark
Watch River Island
Again my makeup is pretty much the same as the first day as I didn't take a lot with me to be able to swap about too much. This day I wore Collections 'Lasting perfection' concealer as it gave more coverage and I have Sleeks 'Chantilly' blush.




I was a bit annoyed this year at how they'd planned the lineup as on the sunday there were sooooo many decent acts but all at the same time so I didn't get to see everyone I wanted. The festival starts off with a silent disco on the friday, which if you've never been to one they're so weird. Everyone's dancing to the tunes from the headphones then you take yours off and there's just complete silence and suddenly everyone looks like a complete weirdo because  they're dancing to silence. The main acts and other tents then start on the saturday and go through to the sunday evening. I think my highlight of the weekend music wise was seeing Avicii, Afrojack, Benga, David Guetta and Knife Party. There were so many other acts which I won't list them all else it will probably bore you and become a long post. I really like festivals because they can bring people together, suddenly everyones your friend even though you're all complete strangers and you party together all weekend. We met a group of really nice boys who we shared our camping space with and although we've never met them before we still sat up until the very early hours of the morning chatting away, sitting in our sleeping bags and me sharing my chips out. The one downside about festivals is the absolute thieving prices of the cheap quality food but they know as it's the only food available people will buy. I had a fab weekend but couldn't wait to get back and have a nice hot shower and wash my hair because it was really beginning to look like you could fry an egg on it (ewwww).


Did any of you go to festivals this summer?

17 comments:

  1. Great post babe! ;) Looking hot on all the pics! Should of worn a dungaree yesterday! <3

    Lots of love,

    Boonya - theartywardrobe.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you. Ha i was actually considering it but then i thought against it and opted for something more girly

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Great post - love your vintage shirt!! :)

    Shannon xx

    fromtopshoptotemperley.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. V fest was amazing and I saw David guetta in Ibiza!!! Please have a look at my new blog::

    Theglamaddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was pretty good here too except he only played for 30 minutes as he was late (booooo) but that was better than nothing!
      Sure hun, i'll take a look :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Love the festival OOTD's, festival fashion is definitely not an easy one to style, especially with the oh so unpredictable British weather!

    xx
    www.bethanymaeetc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so is, especially for this festival as it's not the kind of festival you can wear flowers headbands and floaty dresses too, you would look really out of place if you did!

      xx

      Delete
  5. great outfits, you look lovely!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. check out my new giveaway to win a Chanel cream blush! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. N'awww thank you! I tried not to look too rough but by then end I just couldn't care less. Ha!

      Ooooh sounds good, i'll check it out :)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Loving the Dungarees! Just bought some myself and was clueless as to what to pair them with but will now use this post as inspiration.

    Love you blog. Following!

    petitpromise.blogspot.co.uk ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say! Would you like to do a button swap? x

      Delete
    2. Glad I could be of some inspiration, i find you can wear dungarees with pretty much any top as long as you get the accessories right as well. Cool okay, i'll check out your blog :)

      xx

      Delete
  7. I have actually never braved a festival, how bad is that! I just want to go to one for the fashion though. I absolutely love your dungarees, I need a pair in my life!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not bad at all! I didn't go to my first one till last year and that was Creamfields so i've only been to the same one. I would love to go to Glasto to see what people wear! Thank you, take me back to my childhood as i used to wear a bright blue pair ALL the time

      xx

      Delete