Sunday, 8 September 2013

Back to the city & a New 'Home'


Hellooo


I've moved back to the city that I call 'home' whilst at uni and it's a little lonely at the minute as i'm the first to move into our new house ("all by myself, don't wanna be..." *cough*). It's always a little weird moving into a new uni house. I always think of the hundreds of people that have previously lived in my new 'home' and what wild antics have taken place. My thoughts always then move onto my new bed and what's gone on in that. I just think sleeping on a bed that someone else has slept on is just gross, but luckily this year I've got a brand spanking new mattress, which pleases more than it probably should. Being back in the city also means back to the hustle and bustle of city life. Taxi's, buses, cyclists, people, traffic, pigeons, concrete, work, noise and plenty of opportunity to spend some hard earned money. I guess the last point isn't so bad and of course the city means back to my (drunk) social life. Ha. 


 Nottinghams answer to the beach and amusement park


This is obviously one of the best reasons to be in the city


I think that out of all the places we've lived in during my uni years this new house is definitely my favourite. I've lived in flats the past two years which are great for space and running up and down corridors, but even though I filled my room with homely things they've never quite felt like home. But this is all different, we have an actual house and it just feels cosier and less like I'm just in someone else's room with my things in. I've got to admit the location of this house isn't the greatest. It's on the border of Forest Fields and Hyson Green, which if any of you are from Nottingham or know the city then you'll know that it's not the best of areas. Ha. But as I kept telling my mum, it's on the border and on the city side so it won't be all that bad (I hope i'm right!).

 So here's to my last year at uni and hopefully the best year

12 comments:

  1. I'm moving into my uni house next week too :) I'm looking forward but kind of nervous at the same time! Nottingham looks like an amazing city to live in :) I'm at Cardiff! Good luck in your third year! xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What year are you going in to? Either way you'll have a fab time, uni goes so quickly. Can't believe i'll be graduating (fingers crossed) this year!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I never even though about what might have gone on on my bed whn I moved to uni. Knowing what I got up to, I feel for the next person. Good thing getting a brand new matress.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well lets hope they changed the mattress then ;)

      xx

      Delete
  3. Great blog! Just came across it after you were tagged in made you look's blog post!

    Im loving browsing through your posts - also going into my last year at uni! Hope you enjoy it.
    Now following you excited to see more posts!

    Lucy xo
    http://foralsandcorals.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Hope you enjoy your final year too, big year!!
      I'll take a look at your blog :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Nawwww lovely Nottingham :) Just thought I'd let you know I've done the confessions of a shopaholic tag that you tagged me in :) Thank you for tagging me again! :)
    Jess xo

    jessicacottonxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Nottingham, except maybe the area i'm living in. haha!
      No worries me dear, i'll take a read :)

      xx

      Delete
  5. You take such beautiful pictures!!! I enjoy reading your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! The amount of stares I got off people because I was just walking around with a massive camera and stopping to take photos of everything. haha!

      xx

      Delete
  6. Hello lovely! I've just come across your blog and can you believe you're the first blogger I've come across who goes to Trent! I'm going in to my third year too but I study History at Clifton so I live in West Bridgford. What do you study? No doubt we have a few mutual friends, you know how small Trent can feel sometimes haha! I'm now following you and you never know I might see you on a night out sometime! :) xxxx

    www.myvtgworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go team NTU! haha. I study on the city campus doing Criminology but this year i have to travel to clifton as part of one of my modules. May see you out indeed!!

      xx

      Delete