Wednesday, 1 January 2014

My 2014 New Years Resolutions


Hellooo
And HAPPY 2014! (Hope you're not all too hungover)

Image source Google. Text by me
Okay so i've thought long and hard about what it is I want to achieve this year. Every year I make resolutions which I know from the very start I won't stick to, I won't achieve and which i'm not actually that bothered about doing. But this year is going to be different. I want to stick to what I say, so to give me a bit more motivation i'm going to write them down (well type actually) and share with you so that hopefully by the end of the year I can write to tell you that I have infact achieved them.

1. Write all essays and finish them at least three days before the hand in date
I am a bugger for leaving things like this till the very last minute. Which of course means stress and all nighters which then makes me a grumpy person. And I hate to be grumpy. So this year i'm going to finish all essays and my dissertation at least three days before it's due to be handed in.

2. Get at least a high 2:1 for my degree
I know once you're awarded your degree it doesn't actually say what level in your mark you got but if I know that I managed to achieve at least a high 2:1 then i'll be over the moon. Uni can be stressful at times and to know that my hard work would have paid off would be a great weight off my shoulders as I don't want to have wasted the past three years of my life.

3. Get fit
I used to be so fit and sporty at school and since uni it's gone downhill a bit. Me and my dad are doing this X-Runner event in Nottingham at the end of june which consists of a 10k run through mud, water and over obstacles. If I was to even attempt this in my current fitness state I wouldn't even get quarter of the way through.

4. Save money
I've become a bit of a bugger when it comes to spending money and not all of it is my own. I've gone into my overdraft, which I think just about every student does, but now I need to start thinking about saving my money and paying it back so that once I finish uni I don't have a load of interest piled on top. I used to be so good at saving so I need to revert back to my old ways else as well as failing this resolution i won't be able to achieve my next one.

5. Travel
I know it's a bit if a cliche for pretty much every uni student to say they want to go travelling once they finish uni. But my god it would be amazing. I don't really want to go straight from spending most of my life in education to then going straight into a job. I want to have some chill out time and time to 'hug trees and find myself' as my dad says. Ideally I want to go across North America and visit parts of Asia. But even if it's just around Europe i'll be happy 


So there's my five resolutions for this year. They may seem a bit boring and not that difficult to do, but I wanted to keep it simple so that I would actually stick to them and do it. I know already i'll struggle with keeping the first one but i'm going to try really hard.


What are your resolutions? Hope they're more interesting than mine!





6 comments:

  1. 1 3 and 4 are all things I need to take note of! I always leave uni essays to the last minute going to try and be more organised saying and doing is hard though, great post and resolutions chick good luck :) and happy new year x

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travelling is my number one thing that I want to do! I'm off to North America (LA, San Francisco and Vegas) for definitely, booked that yesterday! But I want to fit in so much more! Definitely go for it, you won't get this time back again when you don't have any life commitments (job, mortgage, family), etc.
    x

    thegirlfromsussex.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are literally all my resolutions too! Especially the essay one! I'm so bad at leaving them til last minute and then never doing as well in them as I could if i'd done them in advance!

    Good luck with your resolutions :)

    Happy New Year :)

    Charlotte xx

    http://hobbitsandhairdye.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year I have promised to myself that I'm gonna go to the gym more! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! Happy New Year <3

    PS. We've a $75 Shoe Giveaway on our blog! Check it out!

    ox from NYC!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great resolutions! I want to get fit, save money and travel too! And i love your blog! and can't wait to read more! I also followed you on GFC!

    Also I'm new to blogging and i'm trying to meet some fellow bloggers so I'd love if you had some time if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think! it'd be greatly appreciated! And maybe even follow me on bloglovin or gfc if you like and want to!

    thanks so much xoxo Randa
    http://pandaraige.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete