I'll start by saying drink responsibly and obviously be over the legal age!
Strawberry flavoured vodka can be bought in shops I know, but the recipe/ method i'm about to show you can be used on any fruit flavours. I'm not sure if this is the method to go about making flavours using sweets as I doubt you'll need the sugar, but it definitely works for fruit and I can't imagine the method would be that much different. So be experimental and try it out.
You will need:
* 70cl bottle of vodka
(try to get mid range vodka and not cheap nasty stuff, it will taste better)
* 350g Strawberries (there or there about)
* 2/3 heaped tbs caster sugar (depending how sweet you like it)
* a large kilner jar
Flavouring the Vodka
- Chop the strawberries into quarters and put all of them into the jar followed by the sugar. I actually used defrosted strawberries so they were a little soggy but it still worked out fine
- Pour in all the vodka (and in my case add the defrosted strawberry juice)
- Stir in the sugar and pop the lid on
- Leave for 3/4 days giving the jar a shake each day just to mix up the sugar more
Filtering the Vodka
-Pour the vodka and fruit into a sieve over a jug to get rid of the large bits of fruit and squeeze out as much excess juice as you can into the jug (press a fork or spoon over the strawberries)
- Using a muslin cloth over the sieve to filter out smaller bits, pour the vodka into the jug again and make sure it's all fully drained (repeat if there are still little floaty bits left over)
- Pour your vodka into a bottle ready to drink and there you have it. Simples!
Here's some pictures of the stages if you need them
Hope this was handy for you if you are thinking of making flavoured drink. As the flavour is strong, I find you can drink this neat over ice instead of mixing it, and it keeps in the fridge for ages.